Monday, November 2, 2009


Through the design that I have created i was able to reflect the mission of BCC and engage my audience in a few ways. Instead of showing pictures of just the campus I decided to incorporate more of BROOME county itself. The picture of the balloon signifies our notorious balloon and speedie rally that binghamton is known for every year. I have also tied in some rolling mountains to show the beautiful scenary that upstate New York provides through the changing seasons. At the bottom of the page I have connected the smiling student life that ensures a sense of satisfication and intrest within our college.
Using the rule of thirds were implemented in a few ways. One way is the way i seperated my foreground, middleground, background. I have my smiling student life up front which leads into my middle ground where the train flows off the page but trails back with a principle of repetition through the train carts. It then leads the audience into my rolling mountains and sky which contains my hot air balloon. And in return, the balloon happens to be my one main focal point of the design. You are lead instantly by the bright red color which sends the viewers eye through the mountains and down into the valley where the train and student life are. Another creative focal point i have implemented would be through Brittany's smiling face, or if you take a closer look, the thumbs up which she is giving a sense of flow and direction leading my audience up the side of my cover where the information about the catalog is given. The principle of alignment that is provided also helps lead the eye to the upper third of the design. I have adequately provided a foreground, middle-ground and background which provide a principle of balance in my design and give the viewer an entire scene or setting to look at.
I would have to say the color red of the balloon and the vibrant faces in the bottom are the main entities that i made really pop in perspective but i decided to use gold for the alignment of the information on the side of the catalog and black at the top. In particular because they are our schools colors which most prominantly represent our college. Or as the motto goes YOUR college. The other colors are nature in itself, i did not render them any different just to preserve the natural beauty of scenic upstate New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment